Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Technical Traumata

I had a problem with my laptop last week. And to be exact it was not just a problem, it was a PROBLEM. And although my laptop and I have agreed to tolerate each other as a matter of pure form these circumstances were seriously putting our relationship at risk. See? I told you I had a problem. It all started when I was working on my seminar paper for a literature course. I had just finished my third page of writing when suddenly my laptop passed out and his screen went all blue. This was too much. Thank god I always save my documents in a backup file, don't you?

Yeah, me neither.

So I tried to reboot him, but, as usual, he refused to cooperate. All I got was the blue screen (also known as "Screen of Death" - yeah, now I'm scared). That’s when I started worrying. Honestly, I never really meant to hurt him when I yelled at him and called him all the bad names I could think off. And our relationship wasn’t that bad from the beginning. In fact, when I first saw him I just couldn’t keep my eyes and hands off. Yet, things got complicated when he started a fight with the printer and the router. But I’m digressing here.

So I asked my dad about the problem and he suggested ... rebooting the laptop. How smart, like I haven’ tried that one yet. Anyway, my dad then decided to try it himself because he is Mr. Know-It-All and because he had no trust in my technical skills. Turns out he was right.

As soon as he switched my baby on it worked just fine. Apparently, I am the only one he is trying to provoke. But remember, (and this is to you my dear friend): The cleverer gives in - not up.




No comments:

Post a Comment