Friday, June 18, 2010

I’m not an alcoholic, I swear

Using the public transport system is always a hassle. However, if you are lazy like me and have no intention of ever riding a bike then you don’t really have a choice. On some days I swear I will finally crack the damn lock on my bike . . . I only used it once in my first semester so I forgot the code.
Yesterday was such a day. How many crazy people can you actually meet on a bus? I sat down next to an old lady . . . they usually leave you in peace. Not this time, though.
Old lady: “Do you wanna talk?”
Keron thinks: “ Leave me alone crazy lady” but politely answers: “Thanks, I’m good”.
That was rather uncomfortable but I was in no mood for talking to weirdos at 7:30 a.m. Or are you ever?

In the afternoon I had to use the bus again and the minute I sat down all I could do was laugh madly. Someone had spilt * sniff* vodka and now I wasn’t only smelling like an alcoholic, but it sorta looked like I wet my pants. I was already late for class and had no time to go back home and change. On top of that I had a presentation. Fortunately, I managed to hide my backside . . . walking to the front without anyone noticing was a bit difficult, though. The smell, however, was all around me. The professor probably thought I was so nervous I had to have a few drinks first. She didn’t ask; maybe I should have told her.
What do we learn from this? Always check your seat before you sit down in public transportation.

No comments:

Post a Comment